Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yesterday began with they typical scheduling. Overlapped. Yes, a single mother does overlap her committments once in a while (with me it seems to be every monday this summer.) Work, go watch my son play ultimate frisbee, take him home, and rush to bible study a smidge bit late. That's how it usually is. Yesterday, not so much. Work (went fine). Had to rush to the fields because low and behold someone left his cleats in the car. However, the traffic gods were not with me last night. It took me 1/2 hr to get out of downtown indy, and then it seemed like everyone i got behind was not worried about getting home last night...lah dee dah, lah dee dah. My comment to that would be....GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!! Finally got there 30 minutes into his game...thankfully he had cleats that were...less than stellar that he could wear till i got there. Hot day to watch ultimate outside so sat in the car where a nice breeze was going through. Worked on my bible study that we would be talking about that night. (Yes, I am a procrastinater through and through.) We are studing the book of Esther. I tell you if you want to read soap opera's the bible is the place to do it. The last two books i have studied, I tell you there is more plot, intrigue, manipulation and family problems than you could ever read about anywhere else (just not with graphic displays of nudity and language). I was very intrigued by one of the days that we were studing. Haman (the bad guy, who hates all jews and have condemed all jews living in persia to death) is having a pity party, because let's see...he the right hand man to King Xerxes, has done virtually nothing to get there, wears the kings signet ring, but can't stand that a man, Mordecai the Jew, will not bow to him. My study suggest that we can get addicted to a person. (Hello, wow, big realization here on a guy that I would like to see more of but its just not happening). I have let my big fat sloppy emotionally filled heart have feelings for someone i have fixated upon. God showed me the door so i can start to close it....but wait, we learned about time that night in bible study. Time will come not when we want, time might be right for us but, not for someone else, and time must be given to God in the mean-time. So, my question for my big fat sloppy emotionally filled heart is....do i close the door all the way or do i close it just enough that when its time there still a crack that can be seen and used to push back into my heart? HMMMMM! Well enough with that. I was 1/2 hr late to bible study...love having a night with my fellow christian women. We are in so many different areas of our walk with God it is interesting to hear many different views on what they perceive. Came home that night to a 16 year boy watching Anastasia. Love when you get time with your teenager. Life goes on and is continually busy. See you next week. -Signed May Be Single And Boring but sure am Busy

No comments:

Post a Comment